In a press conference covered by Mundo Deportivo, Thiago Alcantara has insisted that he has never talked about the prospect of leaving Bayern Munich during the ongoing transfer window.
The 29-year-old has been with the Bavarian giants since the summer of 2013 when he made the switch from Barcelona and over the past seven years, he has been a regular in the centre of the park when fit.
His current contract with the European champions expires at the end of June next year and CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge recently accepted that the midfielder could leave the club this summer as they don’t want to lose anyone on a free transfer.
Liverpool and former club Barcelona have both been credited with an interest in his services, but the Spain international has stressed that he has not told anyone that he will be parting ways with the newly-crowned European champions.
“I have not said at any time that I am leaving. Every year you put me in a different team. I am on the sidelines, my future is tomorrow’s game right now. I neither care nor am I interested in what I know I talked,” He told.
Thiago reported for international duty earlier this month despite featuring in the Champions League final less than two weeks ago. He played through the entire 1-1 Nations League draw against Germany, where Jose Gaya scored a dramatic 95th minute equaliser for Luis Enrique’s side.
Spain are now scheduled to face Ukraine at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano on Sunday. La Roja have never lost a competitive game against their weekend opponents and they have won each of the previous four meetings with three clean sheets in the process.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Bayern Munich vs Barcelona Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich – DFL Supercup Final Preview & How To Stream
- Bayern Munich v Manchester City Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How To Stream
- Bayern Munich’s 2022/23 pre-season: DC United & Man City to test Julian Nagelsmann’s side
- Bundesliga Transfer News Latest – Lewandowski will not play in Germany next season