Bundesliga giants RB Leipzig have no desire to part ways with either Marcel Sabitzer or Dayot Upamecano during the ongoing transfer window, reputed Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has revealed.
Julian Nagelsmann’s side have recently suffered a dip in form in league form, but they are still only two points behind Bayern Munich, who are top of the standings.
Both Sabitzer and Upamecano have been linked with possible moves away from the Saxony-based outfit in recent weeks, but Romano has claimed that the club are unlikely to entertain offers for the duo this month.
Sabitzer, who has a £45m release clause on his contract, joined Leipzig from sister club Salzburg in the summer of 2016 after they were promoted to the top-flight. He has bagged 46 goals and 38 assists from 208 appearances to date.
Upamecano likewise arrived from Salzburg, just six months after Sabitzer. The Frenchman has accumulated 134 appearances across all competitions. He has a release clause worth £38m which becomes active at the end of the season.
Both players are hugely influential to the club as they look to secure their first piece of major silverware. Leipzig will be one of the favourites to win the DFB-Pokal after Bayern Munich’s shock elimination in the second round of the Cup competition.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Bayern Munich in May: Bavarians favourites to win remaining matches to pip Dortmund to the title
- Preview: Manchester City vs Bayern Munich – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin Preview and Prediction
- RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups