Super-agent Mino Raiola has dismissed the recent speculation involving his client Erling Braut Haaland and Barcelona.
The Blaugrana will know their next president on January 24 and Emili Rousaud is one of the candidates in the running for the post.
In a recent interview with AS, his advisor Josep Maria Minguella said that Haaland would play for the Blaugrana next term, if Els Millors group wins the candidacy.
Furthermore, he added that the move could be straightforward and hinted that there is an agreement in place with Raiola over a summer deal for the Norwegian.
This has, however, been swiftly dismissed by Raiola as fake news. He added that there has been no contact with anyone regarding Haaland, but the next Blaugrana president is free to call him.
“This is fake news. I have never spoken of Haaland with any candidate and I will not. When a new president is elected, they can call me,” He told Sport1 h/t Goal France.
Haaland has been a superb signing for Borussia Dortmund since his move from Red Bull Salzburg in January last year. He has registered a stunning tally of 32 goals from 33 matches in all competitions.
The 20-year-old has been sorely missed over the past six games with a hamstring injury and during this period, Dortmund have slumped in the league with just four points from as many matches.
He is back in first-team training ahead of this weekend’s clash against Wolfsburg. Dortmund have no room for more slip-ups as they are already eight points adrift of table-toppers Bayern Munich.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Preview: Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Three Bundesliga stars expected to leave in January amid interest from Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool
- Preview: Bayern Munich vs Stuttgart – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Die Schwarzgelben Under Pressure – Borussia Dortmund vs Monchengladbach Preview
- Germany’s fixtures in the international break