An Erling Haaland double saw Borussisa Dortmund claim a vital three points against Wolfsburg in the race for the top four.
After Haaland put them 1-0 up on 12 minutes it seemed like it was going to be a comfortable afternoon for Dortmund, yet going in at half time only one goal to the good meant Wolfsburg were still in the game.
Jude Bellingham then put his team at even more risk on 59 minutes when he picked up his second yellow card of the game, leaving Dortmund with 10 men. It was Haaland who came through yet again on 68 minutes when pounced on the end of a Mahmoud Dahoud pass on the counter to get his second of the day, making things a little more comfortable.
Despite the scoreline though, Wolfsburg did not make it easy for their opponents and had chances to get a goal back, yet it wasn’t to be on the day and Dortmund come away from the Volkswagen Arena feeling confident after scoring four goals in two games with consecutive clean sheets.
Dortmund have had an inconsistent season so far like most other teams, and currently sit in fifth place in the Bundesliga table, one point behind fourth placed Eintracht Frankfurt, who have played a game less.
Wolfsburg still remain in third place on 57 points, two ahead of Eintracht and they now have a week to prepare for their next Bundesliga tie against Union Berlin.
Whereas Dortmund’s attention turns to their semi-final tie against Bayern’s defeaters, Holstein Kiel in the DFB Pokal next week where they will be looking to get to the final and their only title opportunity this season on a high and full of confidence.
- Bayern Munich vs Barcelona Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich – DFL Supercup Final Preview & How To Stream
- Bayern Munich v Manchester City Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How To Stream
- Bayern Munich’s 2022/23 pre-season: DC United & Man City to test Julian Nagelsmann’s side
- Bundesliga Transfer News Latest – Lewandowski will not play in Germany next season