Borussia Dortmund forward Thorgan Hazard has suffered a fresh muscle injury which is expected to keep him on the sidelines for several weeks, the club have confirmed.
Hazard has experienced a stop-start season with the Bundesliga outfit this term and he has now suffered a third injury of the campaign which will keep him out of action for an undefined period.
Between September and October, the Belgian missed five games due to a muscle injury. Earlier this month, he missed two weeks of action with a thigh strain, but he made his comeback on Tuesday.
Hazard managed a seven-minute cameo in the club’s 2-0 win at Eintracht Braunschweig in the DFB-Pokal second round clash. He may have suffered the latest setback during his time on the pitch.
The 27-year-old featured in the Cup tie despite returning to regular training only on Monday and it appears that his quick return to first-team action has cost him dearly with another spell in the treatment room.
Alongside Thorgan, his elder brother Eden has endured a similar torrid run with injuries at Real Madrid this term, but he has recently returned to training and was an unused substitute against Granada.
The ex-Borussia Monchengladbach man has registered three goals and three assists from 12 appearances for Dortmund, who are currently under the interim control of Edin Terzic after Lucien Favre’s dismissal.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Bayern Munich in May: Bavarians favourites to win remaining matches to pip Dortmund to the title
- Preview: Manchester City vs Bayern Munich – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Bayer Leverkusen vs Bayern Munich – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin Preview and Prediction
- RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups